Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
5 hours ago
Gas Pump Ronnie from Southern California asked me to post these pictures of a Custom Bengal Wayne 40a that he created a while back. The picture of the sign was on display at Roy Reeds.

Rob
0 31 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
5 hours ago
Thanks Dan, no I hadn't seen them! I have them in the watch list now!
Looking at the seaside glass, I saw "ethyl" and my mind told me they were the same? LOL
5 308 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
6 hours ago
Thanks. Any idea who the maker is. Mine has no identification on it at all.
3 119 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
7 hours ago
$125 for Barnsdall Map and Barnsdall/Rio books
$60 for the Canfield map and matchbooks

Prices include shipping
0 37 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
7 hours ago
sent you a pm spencer.
1 44 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
8 hours ago
Looking for a pair of Bowser 565 face plates. Aluminum with hole to top for site glass. Going on old pump so they don't need to be perfect. Thanks Spencer
0 17 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
8 hours ago
I sent you a PM.

Tom.
1 58 Read More
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
PM sent.
2 174 Read More
Welcome New Members
Yesterday at 10:25 PM
Welcome!
6 105 Read More
Yesterday at 09:50 PM
$3500 obo
6 1,564 Read More
Yesterday at 09:16 PM
Favorable exchange rate reduces US price to USD $750
1 527 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion
Yesterday at 07:20 PM
Hi Richard, i would appreciate getting your pictures of the c77. Thanks. Denis at sinedmc@gmail.com
2 174 Read More
Yesterday at 06:48 PM
Sunoco Esso-Richfield Phillips qt cans--Sunoco 45- Richfield 20- gold flaking--66 can 35- Esso 65 plus post -both sides shown
also have a few {HUNDRED] Mopar cans- sorting -Cleaning- pricing-Better pics etc to come-more cans old car parts - speed equipment etc on site at www.oilnspeed.com Best is email me at dons.oilcans.signs@erols.com if you want bigger pic mopar cans send email address- thanks don
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 92 Read More
Yesterday at 04:15 PM
Nice pump Mark
1 284 Read More
Yesterday at 03:17 PM
Here is the Husky one. These were used right after the husky porcelain pump plates were phased out. The pumps were heavy beasts for their size
so I left a bunch behind in the day. I know of a few still on farms, if I ever get that way I will get you a picture.
BTW Tom , I am retired so I have NO money...
5 353 Read More
Yesterday at 01:35 PM
Sold!
6 1,252 Read More
Yesterday at 01:33 PM
Both sold!
4 948 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
Yesterday at 01:21 PM
Good Morning. A little late in responding but New Dixie Lines was an LTL trucking company based in Richmond, VA, founded in 1945 by brothers Bill and Archie Grinnells and J. David Brothers. It was sold to Hemingway Transport of New Bedford, MA in 1969. Both my Father and Grandfather worked for New Dixie, my Grandfather opening and operating the first facility in North Carolina (Rocky Mount) and my Father was the Terminal Manager in Richmond from 1965 until the sale to Hemingway in 1969. Not sure of the actual value but would be interested in purchasing if still available. Please let me know if interested and thank you in advance.
4 1,166 Read More
Yesterday at 11:34 AM
patch kits sold pending payment
2 177 Read More
Yesterday at 11:27 AM
Very Nice!!
7 254 Read More
Yesterday at 05:21 AM
Restored many pumps and red & white (and Mobil) has never sold well for me, maybe its just bad luck, but I dont do red and white now unless its a custom order. The suggestion above about doing Sinclair Dino, Polly, or Fire Chief are all excellent suggestions that sell well. Shell too. Yes, it limits the market when you restore a pump to a brand but many people wont buy until they see the final product restored so you really can't win that either.

If you are wondering why those brands listed sell well it is because they are recognized brands that the wife will also like. I've heard "that Dinosaur is so cute!" many times, pretty much closing the sale. Unusual colors dont seem to hurt sales as long as its pleasing to the eye. The pumps you are talking about restoring are common pumps, so restoring to sell to the masses is the way to go, rather than gas pump collector guy. But the profit margin on restored pumps isnt great so hope you are not expecting a big score or anything.
10 406 Read More
Yesterday at 03:05 AM
Wayne 70 station lighters
43 1,883 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
Yesterday at 01:58 AM
Looking for snowmobile related cans or bottles.
0 40 Read More
Yesterday at 12:34 AM
Just take a look at all the filled, quart glass oil bottles lined up in front of the building. It's easy to forget the cars and trucks of the teen's and twenties consumed a fair amount of oil....some of them even by engine design. John
7 229 Read More
Thu Apr 18 2019 10:59 PM
30" Esso Motor Oil DSP Lollipop Sign. No Base. Free delivery to Hershey. $675
0 184 Read More
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved