Oldgas.com Home   Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Contact
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Petroliana Discussion
9 minutes ago
Thanks for all the input!
5 233 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
15 minutes ago
It has been welded to the cover plate at some point in its life.
9 204 Read More
20 minutes ago
Is the globe body welded to the bottom plate or are they stamped? I have never seen this before. A pic of bottom would help.

To hold the lens you will need snap rings that mount in the groove.
9 204 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices
44 minutes ago
I have the original hangers for these signs if anyone buys the sign
1 228 Read More
1 hour ago
Awesome sign
1 62 Read More
1 hour ago
I took a measurement straight across (16 1/4"), would anyone have any insight into how to mount a reproduction lens in this style of globe?
9 204 Read More
1 hour ago
Here is a beautiful original paint Ford neon corrugated tin sign on original can. Sign does show some scratching, and some minor paint loss, as well as paint spots from other paint. Have not tried to remove. Was found in the attic of an old dealership. Measure 36x72 inches. Marked with original stickers on both sided. Mick Sign Co, Salem Oregon. Neon was replaced, but all else original. Thanks for looking. You can text me for more info and pictures at 605-212-8956
$12,000
1 62 Read More
1 hour ago
Here is mine. I am sure you "sharp-eyed" detectives will see the "flaw" in this pump.....
33 1,101 Read More
1 hour ago
It has come a long ways, it looks awesome!
127 29,086 Read More
Welcome New Members
2 hours ago
Bryan, where are you located? I'm in Raleigh...I need to look around, but I'm sure I have a few items from your timeframe...
3 25 Read More
2 hours ago
Hi Larry: I bet it is Ed Potendorf. Your prints look 1939 and mine are 1938. Mine isn't the Colonial or Denver style. More of the style from the 50s. There was a picture in the file, I will pull it out and post it tomorrow. It is interesting to see the markings on the pictures as to the dark green etc. I have never seen an air meter at a Texaco station with green on it. If you still have contact with her, please let her know that Paw-Paw's work carries on....LOL
4 72 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
2 hours ago
Could not send pictures of the other alarm boxes or extra side plates.
18 1,089 Read More
2 hours ago
2k for all or 1800 w/out the lights
2 185 Read More
2 hours ago
Always open to offers as well...,
3 268 Read More
2 hours ago
Great score for that price. Is that a 16 1/2" globe body sitting on top? That is the size that Imperial Oil used. Cheers, Don.
9 204 Read More
3 hours ago
Not unless your picking it up

thanks for your interest
18 1,471 Read More
3 hours ago
Alex, when I was building my Texaco Denver Style Filling Station, my wife took pictures and posted them on the internet. Ed Pottendorf’s great granddaughter emailed me and she said she had showed my posting to her Paw Paw, who him and is team were the original designers. Paw Paw said he wanted her to send us a copy of the original painting scheme for the Texaco type building and accessories. Paw Paw was at that time in his nineties. He asked her where this station was being built. She told him Alabama. He said, “ALABAMA”!!!!!!! We thought that was funny.

My thoughts are,as a Texaco collector, is to keep them. They are great as future reference. I think that these post are great and we are able to document as much as we can about all the different gas and oil companies. When I saw the drawing you posted, I noticed the approved by signature and it is the same as what is on my drawings. I’m wondering if the “Drawn By A.E.P.” is Ed Pottendorf. Interesting. Thanks for posting this topic.

I’m posting some photos that Ed had sent me.
4 72 Read More
Welcome New Members
3 hours ago
welcome aboard .. ... cool
3 25 Read More
3 hours ago
Sold
8 1,842 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
3 hours ago
I'll have one along with me at Dixie.
Tom.
1 29 Read More
3 hours ago
Thanks Tom....Appreciate the input.
4 72 Read More
3 hours ago
Those are very collectible! Not big money but collectible especially being complete and in the original envelope. I used to have a box full of blueprints that I would take to swap meets and they all eventually sold. Never had such a nice set as yours. Although hard to display, they look great when framed.
Tom.
4 72 Read More
4 hours ago
I have a photo of an original globe - and artwork ready to reproduce it if there's enough interest.

Just saying. 😀

Later . . .

Jim
7 178 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana
4 hours ago
anyone have a tokheim 39 tall cast base base? Can pick up at Dixie Gas
1 29 Read More
4 hours ago
Thanks, T-Way, I took a look at the Globe CD and no additional info other than what you quoted. Also looked at my old Benjamin/Henderson sign and globe books from years ago and nothing in them. Must have been one of those early independents that sold out or simply faded away. I have never seen the sign or globe anywhere.
7 178 Read More
Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 66 67

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved