Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana
Jump to new posts Atlantic CC Sign Real? by Mike M. @ Mon Jul 21 2014 03:14 PM

This was the same seller as the T-53 and wondered if this is a fake also? Atlantic Credit Card Sign
Petroliana News
Jump to new posts Re: Iowa Gas by Mike M. @ Mon Jul 21 2014 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: racecopThe weather looks to be in the 70's the first part of the week Looks like it should be doable again!!!
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
Jump to new posts Re: United tin painted sign by Done4 @ Mon Jul 21 2014 03:10 PM

It doesn't have any markings on it but I'm going to take a closer look.
For Sale Petroliana with prices
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Pam Bubble Clock by advertologist @ Mon Jul 21 2014 03:06 PM

nice looking clock, time is right twice a day..
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil Oil curb sign / Phillips 66 lighted sign by Mike M. @ Mon Jul 21 2014 03:06 PM

66 Sold! Thanks Old-Gas
General Petroliana Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning rust that is 'on top' of porcelain by K W FRITH @ Mon Jul 21 2014 03:01 PM

I have never experienced any loss of gloss from the muriatic acid, but then I don't leave it on any longer than is necessary to do the job either. As soon as I have cleaned a piece to my satisfaction, I simply drench it with a pail of water and wipe
Jump to new posts Re: mobilgas ethyl and fire chief ad glass by oldiesbutgoodies @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:58 PM

Mobil sold
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning rust that is 'on top' of porcelain by TheCog @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:58 PM

my 2 cents. I don't like the m. acid - never worked on really tough/deep dark porcelain stains for me yet - don't breath that stuff at all like already stated. Search on this site.. good info.. from past on this. Try mother's chrome polish (drugmart,
Jump to new posts Re: mobilgas ethyl and fire chief ad glass by tetraethyl @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:54 PM

PM sent
Jump to new posts Fram Pam Bubble Clock by Alex @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:46 PM

Ok...long story, but am giving full disclouse. Those of you who know me know I am not very mechanical. Changing a lightbulb is a major accomplishment for me... Having said that,I have owned this clock for seveal years and it has always kept accura
Jump to new posts Re: Another T53--Please report by Mike M. @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:43 PM

yep, second one playing to the ignorance of the buyers.
Jump to new posts mobilgas ethyl and fire chief ad glass by oldiesbutgoodies @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:41 PM

Rare original NOS mobilgas ethyl ad glass 12 1/2 x 5 $55 shipped Texaco Fire Chief 10 1/4 x 5 $35 shipped
Jump to new posts Re: Tydol Flying A Pump Plate Original by bagged1961 @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:40 PM

Pending
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning rust that is 'on top' of porcelain by Dave Richey @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:39 PM

Clarification. I wash the sign first to get off any gunk the acid would have to work through to get to the rust. Acid is applied after it is dry. I use a spray bottle-be aware of acid drift coming back on you in a breeze and of course fumes will be p
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Thanks James Garner by JUNK KING @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:38 PM

Seemed like a great guy. I also watched the Rockford Files and was a big fan of a lot of his movies. Plus he was from Oklahoma winning combination.
Jump to new posts Re: Another T53--Please report by Dave's Garage @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:35 PM

Second seller makes no claims as for as age or original, although seller probably knows what he has. By deleting the relevant information out he is fishing for a sucker.. E-Bay should consider having a reproduction/fantasy category so these fakes can
Jump to new posts Re: Texaco Marine Signs by Alex @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:32 PM

Mr. Frith...that would display great "inside" your building....go get it...LOL. wish I had the space for it....
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: WANTED - Pepsi spinning globe glass by Dewdude @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:31 PM

Anybody going to Iowa Gas with one of these?
Want to Buy Petroliana
Jump to new posts Re: Gill Body Metal Band by nebrgas @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:31 PM

I have not been able locate any repro bands and also don't know if same bands used for both 13.25" and 13.50" lenses. My lenses are 13.25", so that's why I posted for them. I do know they are hard to find! No luck yet, but headed to Io
Jump to new posts Re: Another T53--Please report by BryceG @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:22 PM

another one: 171392962730 http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORCELAIN-T53-PE...=item27e7d110aa
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning rust that is 'on top' of porcelain by Wes Maxwell @ Mon Jul 21 2014 02:11 PM

I heard that muretic acid can dull the gloss on some of the real old blue porcelain. Also don't breath the fumes from it.
Want to Buy Petroliana
Jump to new posts Re: Bowser 557 -585 Site glass bezels / shields by jrwienri @ Mon Jul 21 2014 01:55 PM

A big "thank you" to Savinsam for helping with one of the two bezels needed. Still looking for another..... Jeff
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning rust that is 'on top' of porcelain by Dave's Garage @ Mon Jul 21 2014 01:37 PM

I have never noticed any dulling or loss of gloss due to the use of the acid.
Petroliana Value Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Sinclair Opaline sign with Factory Defect Flaw by PlainBroke @ Mon Jul 21 2014 01:31 PM

The guy that has it listed is actually a member on the site. We exchanged emails on the sign - I agree, think the starting price on this one is very fair given condition. Would buy it for an upgrade to the one I have but saving the green for IG.
Petroliana Value Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Sinclair Opaline sign with Factory Defect Flaw by SeinfeldKramer @ Mon Jul 21 2014 01:17 PM

Yes
Page 21 of 22 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 >

| Check our Book Store for related resources |

Copyright 2014 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved