Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana
Jump to new posts Re: Eco 97 (1948) restoration by Mockingbird812 @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

Thanks, the flag came out of a northern Kentucky grade school that was torn down (and left behind!) recently. It has great patina and the cast iron base looks just right. It has 50 stars - so newer than 1959.
Jump to new posts Re: Eco 97 (1948) restoration by Steven C. @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

Love what looks like a vintage American Flag!! Great work on the air meter!! Wow there are a lot of parts in that thing!! Look forward to seeing it done!
Jump to new posts Re: Eco 97 (1948) restoration by buzzy56 @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Nice breakdown , Fantastic job . Thanks for sharing this with us.
General Petroliana Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Ethyl pump plate - real? by HI-OCTANE @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

Brian ,Your sign was made from 1942 - 1964 the EGC sign was made from 1926 - 1942 I like yours because it has the date on it 3-12 45 You don't see that many with date on them . That's good one .
Jump to new posts Re: Eco 97 (1948) restoration by Signs-R-Us @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Impressive thanks for sharing job well done!!!!
Jump to new posts Re: Ethyl pump plate - real? by BrianH @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Whew - thanks guys. I was scared for a minute that I had my first "wall of shame" exhibit. Thanks, BrianH
Jump to new posts Re: Ethyl pump plate - real? by frankpl @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

That's a harder one to find with the ec and the 1948 date, sign is good...Frank
Jump to new posts Re: Ethyl pump plate - real? by BrianH @ Yesterday at 08:03 PM

I don't have the sign "in hand" yet but I think it's an 8 inch. BrianH
Jump to new posts Re: Ethyl pump plate - real? by keithia @ Yesterday at 07:57 PM

Yes mine is an older version. It is the EGC version and yours is the EC.
Jump to new posts Re: Ethyl pump plate - real? by BrianH @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

Thanks Keith, that helps. Your "ethyl" logo is a bit cooler looking than mine IMO. Is yours an early version and mine a later one? BrianH
Jump to new posts Re: Ethyl pump plate - real? by keithia @ Yesterday at 07:53 PM

Here is one I took off a pump. Looks good to me.
Jump to new posts Re: Ethyl pump plate - real? by BrianH @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

The spacing of the grommets from the edge and the 12-4-8 position. I hadn't seen another one with the holes there. I'd be really pleased if this is just paranoia. BrianH
Jump to new posts Re: Ethyl pump plate - real? by gulfiend! @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By BrianHAll, I bought this Ethyl sign as an impulse buy. Now that I look at the pics, I'm concerned I may have screwed up. ...exactly what about the sign gives you concern?
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: Carnival Wooden Motorcycle Carousel Ride-On by richlube @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

nice
Want to Buy Petroliana
Jump to new posts Re: Wanted - Bennett 541 parts - Bennett 541 parts by gavs @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

You looking for doors with spinner glass or ad glass Gary 765-586-4539
Jump to new posts Re: Ethyl pump plate - real? by HI-OCTANE @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

what's the size ?
Want to Buy Petroliana
Jump to new posts Signn pole wanted- East TN by vwbusjukie @ Yesterday at 06:26 PM

Looking for a sign pole, prefer a banjo pole that's not at a retail price. I'm in east tn and would travel in a,reasonable distance. Will also be at Dixie gas. Thanks
Petroliana Value Questions
Jump to new posts Mobil filpruf bottles by ALSS72 @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

Can anyone give me value on diamond shape bottles with original filpruf tops,have all 8 with rack,all in very nice condition.
Want to Buy Petroliana
here is a ad that shows it. it goes on the top last and i think it hold the globe frame. i was told it is cast iron. i tried to call you. 513-616-5634 andy
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana
Jump to new posts Re: green streak clock by JimT @ Yesterday at 06:14 PM

My jaw is hanging.I admit I've been taken more than once by fakes in this hobby ,but still, I have to ask after looking at the items and coin this guy has fleeced people with.... How could people be so stupid????
Jump to new posts Ethyl pump plate - real? by BrianH @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

All, I bought this Ethyl sign as an impulse buy. Now that I look at the pics, I'm concerned I may have screwed up. Does this look legit? If not, please pm me to tell me how you know so I can learn. Thanks, BrianH
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted
Jump to new posts Carnival Wooden Motorcycle Carousel Ride-On by Jamie P @ Yesterday at 06:05 PM

Carnival Wooden Motorcycle Carousel Full Size Ride-On 52" x 36" Very heavy solid wood motorcycle with original paint and original brass handlebars. The motorcycle is leaning on the original cast iron base, for effect while riding. Very ni
Petroliana News
Jump to new posts Re: Morphy's March 25 Petroliana Las Vegas Auction by GILMORE @ Yesterday at 06:01 PM

Anyone here attended the auction in Vegas? Wish I could have went. I bid at the computer, and won a few minor lots... For a Gilmore guy, it might be awhile before another one (with so much Gilmore) comes along...
Jump to new posts Re: Eco 97 (1948) restoration by JimT @ Yesterday at 06:01 PM

Nice job! looks like new.
Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana
Jump to new posts Re: green streak clock by Lastgas15 @ Yesterday at 05:43 PM

That phony Mobiloil clock had 80 bids! I hate that dishonest sellers are selling this ***** as original, but buyers need to do a little homework and educate themselves before throwing money at fake *****.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved